Prep time: 2.5 hours (includes setting time)
- 3 cups blanched almond meal
- 0.5 cup Organic Beetroot Pure Powder
- 0.5 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp monk fruit powder OR 1 tablespoon honey
- 0.5 cup coconut butter, melted
- 3 tbsp hot water
- 500ml coconut cream, canned
- 150g dark chocolate (70-90%), chopped
- Using coconut oil, grease a round tart tin with a removable bottom.
- To prepare the base, in a large bowl stir together the almond meal, beetroot powder, coconut flour and monk fruit if using. Pour in the melted coconut butter, water. If you are using honey instead of monk fruit, add it here with the coconut butter. Using your hands combine until you form a crumbly dough. If it is not coming together, add a touch more hot water.
- Press dough into the tart tin. Place in the freezer for 45 minutes to set.
- After the setting time, begin to prepare the filling. Heat the coconut cream in the microwave, or in a saucepan over a low heat. If on the stove, remove the pot from the heat and add in the dark chocolate. If using the microwave, simply add the chocolate into the same bowl. Stir until chocolate melts and the mixture becomes like a soft chocolate mousse.
- Spread onto the base, ensuring not to overfill, and place in the fridge to set for 30 minutes.
- Serve with fresh fruit and coconut yoghurt!