Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 2 tbsp Sunny Corner Beetroot powder
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3⁄4 cup raw sugar or erythritol 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk of choice
- 1 cup ricotta, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a cupcake tin with paper liners, or grease a silicone cupcake mould.
- In a bowl combine the coconut oil and sugar, add eggs and whisk until blended and slightly paler in colour.
- Fold in the flour, salt, baking powder and milk. Stir until no lumps remain.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared cupcake tin, filling until almost full. Bake for 18-20 minutes (until a skewer inserted comes out clean).
- Leave to cool in the pan on rack for five minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan onto rack and cool completely.
- Spread over ricotta or frosting of choice. Sprinkle over extra beetroot powder for decoration.